Symptom: I want to export a list of records from Act! to Microsoft Excel, but the Export to Excel option is grayed out in Act!
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2005 and later
Third Party: Microsoft Excel
There are multiple causes for this, including:
- Excel is not installed
- Incompatible version of Excel
- You are not in a List View
- Your Act! user permissions do not allow the option
- User Account Control (UAC) settings are blocking the integration (windows Vista and later only)
Excel is not installed
This can occur if you do not have Excel installed on the computer where you are trying to export data to Excel. If you wish to export data from Act! to Excel, you must do so from a computer which has both Act! and Excel installed on it.
Note: Microsoft Office programs must be installed before Act! is installed in order to function properly with Act!. If you decide to install Excel to your computer after you have already installed Act!, it will be necessary for you to uninstall and reinstall Act!. For information on uninstalling and installing Act!, refer to the following knowledgebase articles:
How do I uninstall Act!?
Answer ID How do I uninstall Act!?
How do I install Act!?
Answer ID How do I install Act!?
You are not using a compatible version of Excel
In order for the Export to Excel option to work, you must be using a version of Excel from a compatible version of Microsoft Office. For information on compatible versions of Excel by version of Act!, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
Supported Versions of Microsoft® Office by Version of Act!
Answer ID Supported Versions of Microsoft® Office by Version of Act!
You are not in a list view
- Navigate to one of the following List views:
- Contact List
- Group List
- Company List
- Opportunity List
- Task List
- History List (Act! v16 and later only)
- Verify whether the Export to Excel option is grayed out. If it is, proceed to the next section
Database user permissions
If your user security role is Restricted or Browse, you will not have access to the Export to Excel function. To check your security role, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to determine your Security Role in Act!
Answer ID How to determine your Security Role in Act!
- Login to the database as an Administrator, Manager, or Standard user
- Navigate to one of the list views and verify whether the Export to Excel option is grayed out
UAC Settings are blocking the integration (Windows Vista and later only)
Option 1: Run as administrator
You may be able to work around the UAC settings by running Act! as an administrator
- Close Act!, then navigate to the desktop
- Right-click the Act! icon, then choose Run as administrator
- If prompted, click Allow
- Navigate to one of the list views and verify whether the Export to Excel option is grayed out. If it is, proceed to Option 2
Option 2: Disable UAC
Note: This information is provided as a convenience. Swiftpage does not provide support for Microsoft products. For assistance with configuring or disabling UAC, contact Microsoft.
If still unsuccessful, you may need to disable UAC. For more information about UAC and how to disable it, refer to the following Microsoft documentation:
What are User Account Control Settings