You are attempting to install Act! and receive the following message:
"Error 1618: Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install."
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
This is caused by the operating system failing to recognize that no installations are in process. Use the following steps to resolve this issue:
Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Swiftpage does not provide support for Microsoft Products. For more information on this topic, visit Microsoft.com.
- Close all programs.
- Click the Windows® Start button and select Run. For Windows® 7 and Windows Vista®, use the Search field.
- Enter the command services.msc and press the Enter key.
- Locate Windows Installer, right click on it and select Properties.
- Change the option Startup Type to Disabled.
- Reboot the computer.
- Repeat steps to open the Services window and change the Startup Type to Manual.
- Attempt installation.