How do I determine the location of my Act! database files?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2005 and later
Option 1: From inside Act!
If you are able to access the database, either locally, or through a network share, you can use the steps below to find the database files location from within Act!.
- While logged into the database, click Help > About Act!
- Click Database Information
- Verify and note the following information within the Database Settings Information section:
- Database Server Name: This is the name of the machine which houses the database files
- Database File Location: This is the file path where the database files can be found on the machine which houses the database files
Option 2: From within Act! Diagnostics
Alternatively, if you are not logged into Act!, but you are logged into your server computer, you can use Act! Diagnostics to determine the file path where the database files reside if the database has already been attached to the Microsoft SQL Server (ACT7) instance. Follow the steps below:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialog
- Depending on your version of Act!, type one of the following, then press enter:
- Act! versions 2007 and later: actdiag
- Act! version 2006: act8diag
- Act! version 2005: act7diag
- Click Databases (in left-hand column or on top toolbar, depending on version), then select Database List
- Look for your database name under the Database column, then scroll to the right to get the file path for your database under the File Path column