When accessing the calendar view you receive the following error:
“Controls created on one thread cannot be parented to a control on a different thread”
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2012 (v14) and later
This error can occur if the database is in need of repair.
- Log into your Act! database as an Administrator user.
- From the main menu, select Tools > Database Maintenance > Check and Repair.
- Ensure both repair options are checked and click OK.
- Test accessing your calendar.
Note: You may need to run the repair 2-3 times to completely fix the issue.
It is also recommended that you clean up your activities table in your Act! database. To do this:
- Clear or erase any old, uncleared activities from your Task List.
- Use the data removal utility in Act! to remove old, cleared activities. These activities will be removed from the Task List and Calendar views, but will remain in the contact's History. Instructions for using the data removal utility are in the following Knowledgebase article:
How To remove old data from Your Act! Database
Answer ID How do I remove old data from my Act! Database?