Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2012 and later
This issue occurs due to a problem with formatting in the template.
- Open the template to edit by going to Write > Edit Template…, then browse to, select and open the template producing the error
- Highlight and copy all of the text from the template
- Open Notepad and paste the copied text into notepad to remove the formatting
- Highlight and copy all of the text from Notepad
- In Act!, click Write > New Letter/Email Template…
- Paste the text copied from Notepad into the new Letter/Email template
- Reconfigure the template, recreating any merge fields as necessary
- Save the new template and attempt to use it for a mail merge to test
How to create a document template in ACT!
Answer ID How to Create a Document Template in ACT!