You are attempting to access an Act! Premium (access via web) database through the web client and receive the error:
"Error validating user. The type initializer for 'Act.Web.Framework.PluginsManager' threw an exception."
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: 2010 and later
Third Party: Microsoft® .NET 4.0 Client Profile
The error is presented when Microsoft® .NET Framework 4.0 Client Profile is installed on the computer hosting the database.
Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Swiftpage does not provide support for Microsoft products. For more information on this topic, visit Microsoft.com.
- Uninstall Microsoft .NET 4 Client Profile, through Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP®) or Programs and Features (Windows Vista®/Windows® 7)
- When prompted to reboot, select Later
- Uninstall Act! Premium (access via web)
- Reboot computer
- Install Act! Premium (access via web)
- Setup Web Site Administration
- Test access to database