How do I import a vCard into Act!?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2013 and later
Act! has the ability to import vCards into Act!. When you import a vCard into Act!, the following fields are imported into your database:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Business Phone
- Home Phone
Note: Business Address fields and Notes are not populated.
Importing a vCard
To import a vCard to your Act! database:
- Ensure you are logged into the Act! database you wish to import the vCard into
- Save the vCard to your desktop
- Drag the vCard and drop it on top of the Act! icon on the desktop to bring up the Contact Merge Options in Act!
- Choose the desired settings, then click OK to complete the import
Importing multiple vCards
In order to import multiple vCards, you must first merge them into a single vCard. To do this:
- Create a folder on your desktop and copy or move all of your vCards to that folder
- Press and hold the Shift key on your keyboard, then right-click the folder and choose “Open command window here” or “Open with Command Prompt”
- In the command prompt, enter the following command and then press Enter:
copy /a *.vcf merge.vcf
Doing this will create a vCard file named merge.vcf. Once created, you can use this file as your vCard to import using the steps in the “Importing a vCard” section above.