I chose the option to open an existing database, but my database is not listed in Open/Share Database.
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2012 and later
This can happen if the database .PAD file is being accessed from across the network rather than local to the workstation.
- Copy the database PAD file from the server machine to a flash drive
- Take the flash drive to the workstation
- Copy the database PAD file to a convenient location on the workstation
- Double-click the PAD file on the workstation to launch the database
- Check Open/Share Database to verify it is now listed
Note: If you know the name of the machine that hosts the database, you can also navigate across the network and copy the .PAD file to your workstation that way instead of using the flash drive.