How do I create a calculated field in Act! v16?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: v16 and later
- Click Tools>Define Fields
- Select the type of field you want make in the View fields for menu
- Click Create new field
- Name the field, and select the desired field type (Decimal, Number, or Currency)
- Select any other field options you want and click Next
- Modify the field behavior if needed and click Next
- Set any field triggers if needed and click finish
- Create another field using the steps above
- Create a third field with the Field data type of Calculated and click Next
- Select the Calculated field type and the window below will change to accommodate that type
Option 1: Numeric
- Build your formula by double clicking on any of the Fields, Functions, or Parameters in the three boxes
- Select your choice in the Display calculated field as menu
- Select your number of decimal places displayed and click finish.
Note: You can click Validate Formula to verify the syntax of your formula. For more information on writing a formula, click the Learn how to write a formula link.
Option 2: Date
- Select the Date field that you want to automatically calculate from
- Select your calculation options
- Days since (date to today)
- Days until (today to date)
- Years since (date to today)
- Years until (today to date)
- Click finish to save the field
Note: Calculated fields can also be added from the Web interface