Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium
Version: 2006 and higher
Versions 2013 and Higher
Opening the Internet Sync Service Window
Launch the Act! Internet Sync Service by Clicking Start > All Programs > Act! Internet Sync Service
Note: If nothing appears to happen, it’s likely that the Act! Network Sync service is open in the background. In this case, right-click the Act! Network Sync Service icon ( or ) from the Windows System Tray and select Show/Hide.
Adding a Database to be monitored
- Click Add…
- Browse to the location of the Publisher database you wish to use for synchronization
- Select the database PAD file, then click Open
- Repeat for any additional Publisher databases you wish to use for synchronization
Removing a database from the list of monitored databases
Note: This does not delete the database, it only stops a Publisher database from accepting incoming synchronization.
- Select a database in the list
- Click Remove
Versions 2012 and prior
- Browse to the following location depending on your version of Act!
- Sage ACT! 2012:
Windows XP & Windows Server® 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACT\ACT Data
Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows Server 2008: C:\ProgramData\ACT\ACT Data
- Sage ACT! 2011:
Windows XP/Windows Server 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows 13
Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows Server 2008: C:\ProgramData\ACT\ACT for Windows 13
- Act! by Sage 2010:
Windows XP/Windows Server® 2003: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\ACT\ACT for Windows 12
Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows Server 2008: C:\ProgramData\ACT\ACT for Windows 12
- Act! 2009 and prior: C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows\ACT Internet Sync
- Sage ACT! 2012:
- Right-click syncConfigFile.xml, then click Edit from the shortcut menu to open the file in Notepad
- Replace “MYDATABASE” with the name of your database (do not include the .PAD extension) in all caps, including quotes
Note: If you are unsure of the name of your database, you can find out by Logging into your database and clicking Help > About ACT!, then clicking the Database Information button
- Replace “MACHINE1” with the name of your server in all caps, including quotes
- When finished, click the File menu, then click Save
Note: Do not click Save As. You must save this file with the same name and same location
- Close Notepad
For information on creating and configuring remote databases for synchronization, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Create a Remote Database
Answer ID How do I set up remote database synchronization in Act!?