Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: v18 and later
Integration: Web API
An active Act! Premium subscription is required to enable Act! Premium Web API features.
Prior to setting up the Act! Premium Web API, it is necessary to make sure that you have configured Act! Premium (access via web) so that your database can be accessed through a web browser outside of your network. For information about configuring your Act! Premium (access via web) database, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to configure an Act! Premium database for access through a web browser
Answer ID How to configure an Act! Premium (access via web) database for access through a web browser
You will also need to secure your web server using a Certificate Authority generated certificate (self-signed certificates cannot be used) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to ensure that your data will be secured while being transmitted over the Internet and because browser-based applications require requests to be encrypted by the web server. For general information about using SSL with Act! Premium (access via web), refer to the Web Administrator's guide referenced in the KB mentioned above.
Note: Swiftpage does not provide support for SSL configuration. For specific questions and assistance in configuring SSL, consult your Microsoft documentation, or contact an IT Professional.
Setting up the Act! Premium Web API
Note: If you are using Act! v20, the Act! Premium Web API automatically installs when you install Act! Premium (access via web). Skip to step 4 for instructions on configuring.
- From your web server, navigate to the Act! Premium download page that was sent to you when you purchased Act!
- Under Act! Premium Web API, click the Download button to download the installer
- Once downloaded, launch the installer file and follow the on screen prompts to install the Act! Premium Web API
- Once installed, navigate to http://www.act.com/resources/documentation
- Scroll down to Users of Act! Web API, then download and open the Act! Web API Administrator's guide for information on configuring the Web API