When I try to search my database using Universal Search, I receive the Error: “The source was not found, but some or all event logs could not be searched. To create the source, you need permission to read all event logs to make sure that the new source name is unique. Inaccessible logs: Security”
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Premium (access via web)
Version: v16 and later
This error can occur as a result of the Act! Service Host not being started, or because of Microsoft Windows User Account Control (UAC) Settings blocking the search from working
Option 1: Starting the Act! Service Host
- Close Act!
- On your keyboard, press the Windows Key + R to bring up the Run dialog
- Type services.msc, then press Enter
- Locate and right-click ACT! Service Host, then choose Start (choose Restart if already started)
- Launch Act! and test using the Universal Search again
Note: This information is provided as a convenience. Swiftpage does not provide support for microsoft products. For assistance with configuring or disabling UAC, contact Microsoft or an IT professional
If the service was already started, or if starting it did not resolve the issue, disabling UAC can resolve this issue.
- Disable UAC. For information, refer to the following Microsoft documentation:
Guided Help: Adjust User Account Control settings in Windows 7 and Windows 8
- Attempt to use Universal Search again to test