Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium
Integration: Act! Connect Link
This can occur if the Act! Connect Link service is not started or if the service is not registered.
Note: If the service shows as running inside the Act! Connect Link window, skip to step 7
- Close out of the Act! Connect Link application
- Open the Windows Task Manager and end any process called node.js or node.exe
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key + R to bring up the Run dialog
- In the run dialog, type services.msc then press Enter
- Start or, if already started, restart the ActConnectLink service
- Re-open the Act! Connect Link application
- Click the Register icon
Note: If the endpoint is listed as undefined after starting/restarting and registering the service, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
Endpoint is shown as undefined in Act! Connect Link application
Answer ID Endpoint is shown as undefined in Act! Connect Link application