Question: What is the compatibility for Act! Link for Accounting?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro (UK Edition), Act! Premium (UK Edition), Act! Premium (access via web) (UK Edition)
Version: v18 and later
Integration: Act! Link for Accounting
Third Party: Sage 50 Accounts, Sage Instant Accounts
Act! Link for Accounting will work in the following environments:
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Server 2008, Server 2012, Server 2016
Act! Versions (Click here for the Act! obsolescence policy)
- Act! Pro and Premium v18
- Act! Pro and Premium v19
- Act! Pro and Premium v20
- Act! Pro and Premium v21
- Act! v22
- Act! v23
- Act! v24
- Act! Premium (access via web) (server side only)
Note: The full functionality of Act! Link for Accounting is only available when using the installed Windows version of Act! Premium (access via web), not when accessing the database through your web browser. If you have any of the newly created fields manually added to the layout, these will be visible through your web browser.
Sage Accounts Versions
Note: In order to set up Act! link for Accounting, you will need to link to a DESKTOP version of Sage Accounts. This means that you need to have networked access to your Sage data and have the Sage program installed on your computer(s). After the latest Sage rebrand, the desktop version of Sage Accounts is now called Sage 50 Cloud Accounts (previously known as Sage 50c for versions 22-24.1). It is STILL a desktop version. If you have purchased Sage Business Cloud Accounting or Sage Business Cloud Financials, then you will NOT be able to use Act! Link for Accounting. Because of the government's Making Tax Digital initiative, Sage recommend that all users make sure they are working with Accounts version 24.2 or above.
- Sage Instant Accounts v21, Sage 50 Accounts (all variants) v21
- Sage Instant Accounts v22, Sage 50 Accounts (all variants) v23
- Sage 50 Accounts (all variants) v24
- Sage 50 Accounts (all variants) v25
- Sage 50 Accounts (all variants) v26
- Sage 50 Accounts (all variants) v27
- SQL Server 2008 R2 (Express and Standard)
- SQL Server 2012 (Express and Standard)
- SQL Server 2014 (Express and Standard)
- SQL Server 2016 (Express and Standard)
- SQL Server 2019 (Express and Standard)
Microsoft .NET Framework
Microsoft .NET 4.5 and later (for Act! v21, version 4.7 of .NET is required).