How do I find the name of a field if I have changed the text label?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2005 and later
There are two methods to check the field name held in Microsoft SQL Server.
You can check this by going to the specific layout. For the purpose of these steps, we will reference the Contact layout
- Go to the Contacts section of Act!
- Place your mouse cursor over the field and right-click your mouse
When you right-click, a menu will be displayed. One of the items in the menu will be “Lookup” followed by the field name. The name displayed will show you the actual field name
Note: This method requires Manager or Administrator access to the database.
- Go to Tools > Design Layout
- Select the layout the field is part of
- In the Layout Design window, go to View > Properties Window
- Click the field you would like to know the name of, then look on the Properties Pane on the right and check the “Data” section. Underneath, the “Field Value” will be the field name as held in Microsoft SQL Server