Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Cause: This can be caused due to an incorrect PC name in Manage Connection Information on your Remote Database.
Confirm the PC Name on the Server computer and ensure this matches the name in Manage Connection Information on your Remote Database.
How to check the Machine Name of your Server:
- On the Desktop of your Server press the Windows key + E on your keyboard
- Right-click on Computer/This-PC on the left-hand-side of the new window, then click Properties
- Under Computer name, domain, and workgroup settings, you can find your Machine Name, and its full computer name if your computer is on a domain
- Take a note of the exact name
On your Remote Database you can access Manage Connection Information by following these steps:
- In your Remote Database go to Tools > Synchronise Database > Synchronisation Panel
- Select Manage Connection Information
- Check the Machine Name and edit this to match the exact name of the Server computer as identified in the steps above.
- Once you have updated the computer name attempt to synchronise your Remote Database once again.