Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: v18.1 and later
- These steps should only be run if you were instructed to do so by an article that linked to these steps, or by an Act! support analyst
- These steps must be performed from the machine which is acting as the database server
- Before proceeding with the steps below, it is recommended that you create a backup of your database. For information regarding creating a database backup refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to back up and restore an Act! database
Answer ID How to back up and restore an Act! database
- Ensure Act! is closed
- Browse to the Act! Program installation directory
Note: For information on default locations for the Act! program installation directory, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
What are the default locations for key files in Act!?
Answer ID What are the default locations for key files in Act!?
- Locate ActUpdate.config and open it with Notepad
- Once the file has opened, click File > Save As
- Enter the name as ActUpdate.old, then click Save
Note: By default this will save in the same location as ActUpdate.old.txt
- Close the open copy of the file, then locate ActUpdate.config and open it with Notepad again
- Locate the line that starts with <LatestSchemaVersion> and make a note of the number shown on that line
- Change the number that falls after the first decimal point to a 9. For example, if it reads 18.104.22.168, change it to 22.214.171.124
- Save and close the file
- Log in to your database as an Administrator user
- When prompted to take a backup of the database before updating, click No
- When prompted to update the database, click OK, or if in v20 or later, click Yes
- When the confirmation that the update completed appears, click OK
- When receiving subsequent prompts from steps 12 and 13, click No and Cancel until no more prompts appear
Note: You may receive the Log on window after dismissing the subsequent prompts. If the Log on window, click Cancel on this as well.
- Close Act!
- Edit the ActUpdate.config to revert the number back to the number you noted in step 7, then save and close the file