Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium
OS: Windows 7
Cause: This can be caused due to a 3rd party add-on.
Solution: You can identify the add-on causing the issue by following the steps below:
- In Act! go to Tools > Design Layout > Contact
Important: This displays an unhandled exception error as detailed below and will also display the add-on name, if an error is not displayed to can continue to follow the steps and disable all add-ons:
Error: "Error picked up by [YOUR-ADD-ON-NAME] add-on:
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Exponenciel.ActAppUI, Version=184.108.40.206, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'Exponenciel.ActAppUI, Version=220.127.116.11, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'"
- Go to Tools > Manage Add-Ons...
- Identify the add-on referenced in the error message and untick it, or if this is unknown disable all add-ons
- Click Apply, a prompt advising to restart Act!, click OK
- Click Close to exit Manage add-ons and restart Act!
- Test issue