Question: How do I create, view and edit Activities in Act! Companion?
Product Family: Act!
Deployment: Desktop, Web and Cloud
Integration: Act! Web API, Act! Connect Link, Act! Companion
When using the Act! Companion app you can get alerts on your phone for upcoming Activities as well as schedule new tasks with your contacts from wherever you are. Your upcoming and most recent Activities are displayed in a feed so that you can plan your day and see what’s happened based on history items that you or other users have created.
Note: Activities Today will show up to a maximum of 25 Activities.
Viewing and Editing Activities
1. Tap the icon at the bottom of the screen.
2. Act! Companion displays your Activities. Any upcoming Activities will display an Alert.
3. Tapping on an Activity opens it to display with which Contact the activity is scheduled. It also displays the Regarding and Location fields.
4. To edit the Activity, swipe the Activity from left to right on the screen and then tap Edit.
5. To make changes to the date and time, tap the pencil icon to the right of it. Then tap the Hour or Minute Drop-downs or the calendar icon. You can also tap the Date icon if you need to change that as well.
6. Other areas can be edited by tapping into them.
7. You can also filter your Activities by using the ellipsis button in the top right corner. The filters available are Date Range, Activity Type, Users, Contact, Private, Public and Priority. Each option you tap allows you then to choose the filter required (i.e. if you tap Date Range, you will then be presented with options to select your desired range).
8. You may choose multiple filters one after the other if you want.
9. Once all of your filters have been selected, tap the Run Filters button.
Creating new Activities
Activities can be created from a Contact or from the Activities section in Act! Companion. Creating from a contact record has the advantage of adding that contact to the Activity immediately.
Creating an activity from a contact record - Open the Details View of a Contact, scroll down to the Activities section and tap the + button.
Creating an activity from the Activities view - Navigate to the Activities section of Act! Companion and tap the icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Once you have begun to create an Activity, please see the instructions below:
1. Enter the Subject for the activity.
2. Add the specific Details of the Activity.
3. Use the dropdown to choose the specific Activity Type.
4. Select the Start Date and Time.
5. Use the dropdown to choose the length of the Activity.
6. To associate the Activity to a contact, you can use the search feature to find the contact.
7. Just below the search bar you can tap the Name field (the default search) if you want to search via another field instead.
8. Results for your search will be shown below the Search bar.
9. Tap the contact with whom you want to associate the activity.
10. The activity is also automatically associated with yourself. You can remove this if you wish.
11. Tap Save in the top right corner.
12. The Activity will now appear on the contact record in the Act! database.
For more information about working with Act! Companion, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Get Started with Act! Companion