Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium
OS: Windows 10
This can be caused by your anti-virus software blocking write permissions when the installation is writing to the following Microsoft Windows Registry keys:
64-bit operating systems:
32-bit operating systems:
Uninstall and Reinstall Act!
- Disable your anti virus software
- Uninstall Act! from Programs and Features
How do I uninstall Act!?
- Follow the article below to backup the Registry
How to back up the Windows Registry
- Depending on your operating system (OS) type, delete one of the following Windows Registry keys:
64-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ACT\Install
32-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ACT\Install
Note: This key may already have been removed as part of the uninstall process. If it is not present, continue to the next step
- 64-bit OS: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ACT\Install
- Ensure your anti virus is still disabled and reinstall Act! to test the issue
Important: Your anti-virus software should be disabled for the duration of the Act! installation
Manually Uninstall Act!
If the above steps do not resolve the issue continue the steps below:
- Complete a manual uninstall of Act! by following the steps in this article:
How to manually remove Act! Pro or Premium v20
- Once you have reboot the PC, disable your anti virus software once again
- Install Act! following the article below:
How do I install Act! Pro or Premium v20
- Launch Act! and verify the version in Help > About Act!...