Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 20.1 and later
Third Party: Google
Act! v20.1 implements a new change to the way that Act! synchronizes with Google. It is important to follow the steps below prior to upgrading to Act! v20.1 to avoid Contact and Calendar entries being duplicated after you upgrade.
Important: During this process you should not amend your existing Contacts/Calendar Activities in Act! or Google, however you can add new Contacts or Activities to Google to synchronize later.
- In Act! v20.0 or earlier initiate and complete a synchronization of both your contacts and your calendar
- If you are synchronizing your contacts, save your contact sync sets as Advanced Queries, then use the Advanced Queries to create groups, as v20.1 and later use groups to synchronize instead of sync sets and sync sets do not convert. For information on saving sync sets as Advanced Queries and for creating groups, refer to the following knowledgebase articles:
How to save a Microsoft Outlook or Google sync set as an Advanced Query
How to create and manage Groups in Act!
- Proceed with the process of upgrading Act! to v20.1 by following the steps in the following knowledgebase article:
How do I upgrade to Act! v20 from a previous version?
Article ID 38868
- After upgrading, Reboot your PC
- Launch Act! and configure your contact and calendar synchronization, using the group or groups created in step 2. For detailed instructions regarding configuring Act! and Google synchronization preferences in Act! v20.1 and later, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to set preferences for Google and Gmail Integration in Act! v20.1 and later
- After configuring Google Integration settings, before making changes to any of your contacts or activities, initiate a synchronization of both the contacts and calendar, and record history to ensure that no duplicates are created