Question: How do I view, edit, createand delete Opportunities in Act! Companion?
Product Family: Act!
Deployment: Desktop, Web and Cloud
Integration: Act! Web API, Act! Connect Link, Act! Companion
The Act! Companion app allows you to view all of your Opportunities in a list or see an individual Opportunity snapshot or details. You can also open an opportunity and edit it or create new opportunities while on the go.
1. Tap the icon on the bottom of the screen. Alternatively, tap the menu icon int he top left corner and choose Opportunities from the navigation bar.
2. The Act! Companion app displays your Opportunities in a list. In order to see more opportunities, scroll down the list. Act! Companion will pull a handful of opportunity records on demand, each time you scroll.
3. Tap any of your Opportunity records to see three options.
4. Snapshot will give you the basic information about the opportunity.
5. Either scroll down in the opportunity snapshot and select View Details, or from the icons above, select Details.
6. View Details/Details opens the opportunity and displays the information.
7. Scroll up and down to view the information.
8. To return to the Opportunity list, tap Back.
1. In your opportunity list, tap the ellipsis icon at the top.
2. Choose your filter options.
3. Tap Run Filters to display the results.
4. You can lock the results by turning the filters on or off.
1. Tap on an opportunity and then the Details From here you can tap the Pencil icon in the bottom right corner to begin editing the Opportunity.
2. Alternatively, whilst in the list view, swipe the opportunity left to right and tap Edit.
3. From here, you can change the Status, Products, Process, Stage, Estimate Close Date, Contacts and optional Opportunity fields.
4. To change the status, tap one of the four Status buttons and then tap Save.
5. To change the products, tap on the pencil icon by the Totals.
6. The Process & Stage options, Optional Fields and other options are further down.
7. When finished, tap Save.
8. To exit without saving, tap X.
1. From the List View tap the + icon.
2. Complete the Name, Status, Products, Process, and Stage.
3. Give the Opportunity an Estimated close date and any other information including adding contacts.
NOTE: New Products, Processes, and Stages cannot be created in the app and are chosen from existing options in the database.
4. Tapping on the Optional arrow displays additional opportunity fields.
5. Complete any additional fields required.
6. When finished, tap Save.
7. To exit without saving, tap X.
1. In the Opportunity list, swipe the opportunity you want to delete, right to left,
2. Tap the Delete option.
3. Confirm deletion.
4. Alternatively, when editing an Opportunity, tap the trashcan icon in the bottom right corner.
For more information about working with Act! Companion, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to Get Started with Act! Companion