Question: What's new in Act! v21.1?
Product Family: Act!
Act! v21.1 brings you the latest generation of the Act! software. This release also encompasses numerous improvements to enhance the user experience of Act! desktop, web and cloud
Note: Some features are available in Act! Premium and above only, or require a valid subscription
Act! v21.1 delivers the features and improvements detailed below:
Act! Insight with Marketing Automation (requires a valid subscription)
New in v21.1 is an entirely new view built into Act! Insight, called Campaign Metrics. Within this new view, users will have access to insights driven from campaigns that will allow them to measure how their marketing efforts are impacting revenue and number of opportunities being generated from their prospecting. These new out-of-the-box charts will give data about campaign engagement, number of opportunities generated from campaigns and revenue generated from campaigns.
- Marketing Automation integration.
- All-new out of the box Marketing view for AMA data.
- Marketing automation filters & visualizations.
- New demo data for AMA in Act! Insight.
Act! Marketing Automation – Asset Tracking (requires a valid subscription)
Assets are marketing materials that you intend to use for your marketing efforts. These can be URLs to areas of your website, YouTube video links, or PDFs. While these things can be shared as-is without the use of an email marketing platform, tracking their effectiveness can difficult to do that way. The benefit of adding these assets to Act! Marketing Automation is that each asset that is added receives a special link generated specifically for that asset, which provides analytics that allow you to gauge the effectiveness of that asset by tracking.
- Track interactions with marketing assets.
- Measure time spent and page visits of PDF documents.
- Measure time spent viewing YouTube content.
- Perform A/B testing against different assets.
- Implement lead capture forms.
- Force sign-up to continue viewing.
- View a rich campaign dashboard of interactions.
Act! Marketing Automation – New Features/Feature Changes (requires a valid subscription)
We are announcing this new AMA feature with the v21.1 release. It appears on the Campaigns Actions menu, and plots a calendar showing historical and future scheduled campaigns. The Calendar can be filtered to show All, Show Non-Sync and Sync Campaigns only.
- Sync options
Previously this feature was part of the Drip Marketing Campaign properties, but now sits in the Campaign’s Action menu. This is available on the Premier and Ultimate tiers of Act! Marketing Automation.
All new Act! Migration Wizard (requires a valid subscription)
Whether switching from another CRM application or importing document types, The Act! Migration Wizard simplifies the process. The intuitive, easy-to-use platform lets you migrate custom fields, attachments, and legacy data — hassle-free. Our migration tool lets you to create personalized migrations in your secured environment. Data Migration secures your external data behind a firewall and keeps it organized as you move it to your Act! system. Move your external data to Act! whether its on-premises, in the Cloud, or both. The process is easy. To migrate your data just takes a few simple steps!
- All-new migration wizard for easier onboarding into Act! Growth Suite.
- Migration & import from documents.
- Migration & import from other CRMs.
Activation Wizard Improvements
Act! v21.1 includes a new user interface for the Activation Wizard. This replaces the previous interface, and resolves a number of issues relating to usability and localization. To keep familiarity for existing users, there are minimal changes to the actual activation process or flow of the wizard.
- Updated Activation Wizard UI.
- Adds support for Proxy Licensing.
Microsoft Office 2019 and Windows Server 2019 are fully certified for this release. Our certification for Office 2019 covers all Office integration features of the Windows and Web client.
- Adds support for Microsoft® Office 2019 and Windows Server 2019.
Office Integration for Google Chrome Users
Act! v21.1 introduces improved support for web client users who favour the Google Chrome browser. This provides full Office integration functionality within Google Chrome, removing the requirement to use Internet Explorer to download and use the integration components.
- Provides full Office Integration functionality when using the web client via Google Chrome.
- Internet Explorer is no longer required to download or use integration components.
Office Integration – Installation Improvements
The installation media for Act! v21.1 has been updated to remove older Office integration components, which are no longer used. This is intended to reduce troubleshooting or questions relating to unused files and services.
- Removes redundant integration components.
- Eliminates troubleshooting or questions relating to unused files and services.
Flexible Remote Database Creation via Web
Act! v21.1 includes enhancements to the remote database creation process in the web client. These improvements allow the creation of sync sets, as well as specifying advanced sync options. This allows users to more tightly control record access, as well as increasing the performance of creating, downloading and synchronizing a remote database.
- Provides full remote database creation options to web users.
- Create and manage Sync Sets.
- Sync just the data you need.
- Increase sync performance.
- Control data/record access.
New System Manager User (Premium Only)
New to Act! v21.1 is the ability to create a System Manager user. This is a new user role, designed to facilitate System Administrators, IT Support teams, ACCs, or hosting partners with maintaining the Act! database. These users do not consume a user license, but their access is restricted to specific features to manage database access, recovery and integrity. They are not able to view, create, edit or delete database records, or to make customizations in any area.
- Adds a new ‘System Manager’ user role.
- Facilitates a System Administrator, IT Support team, ACC, or hosting partner with maintaining the Act! database.
- Does not consume a user license, similar to the existing Browse level role.
- Provides access to tools to oversee database access, recovery and integrity.
Active Directory Integration
Act! v21.1 new Active Directory Integration provides an advanced solution for IT administrators to manage access to Act!. Traditional Act! user management can be switched off, instead using Active Directory to provide database access. Act! users can be created and managed, using Active Directory profiles. This fits customers with very large deployments, and a central IT resource to manage Active Directory. This means that when the user logs into their PC and opens Act! they will bypass the login screen, providing they have permission to access the database. If they do not have permission in AD, the user will get a prompt that they cannot access the database.
- Provides an advanced solution for IT administrators to manage access to Act!.
- Traditional Act! user management can be switched off, instead using Active Directory to provide database access.
- Act! users can be created and managed using Active Directory profiles.
- Fits customers with very large deployments, and a central IT resource to manage Active Directory.
Note: Active Directory integration is only available for Windows client deployments, and does not provide support for the Act! API or any features of the API. This means the Act! API cannot be used with AD. There will be a Knowledgebase article on this but we do not support Active Directory.
New Database Property for Seat Count
This new feature brings in technology that provides Hosting Partners with a method of enforcing seat count (licenses) per database. Previously, the hosting server would have a serial number with an associated license count, which would apply to all databases. Now a new database property can be set with each customer’s individual Act! license. The seat count on this license will be validated when managing users, rather than the license of the Act! installation. Swiftpage will work with Hosting partners to set this up but will be done in a similar way we, at Swiftpage, configure our Cloud provisions. There will documentation available specifically for hosting partners.
- Provides Hosting Partners with a method of enforcing seat count per database.
- A new database property can be set with each customer’s individual Act! license.
- The seat count on this license will be validated when managing users, rather than the license of the Act! installation.
Custom Tables Usability Improvements (requires a valid subscription)
Act! v21.1 includes a number of feature and usability enhancements to Custom Tables. These improvements have been driven by customer and ACC feedback.
- Mail Merge to My Record fields.
- Improved Assign Process.
- Improved Messaging When Saving a Layout via Web.
- Default Columns Added Automatically.
- Message on Editing System Fields.
Defects Closed in Act! v21.1
Note: The list of defects below only cover the defects closed at the release of Act! v21.1. For a list of defects fixed in updates for Act! v21., refer to the following knowledgebase article:
What issues have been fixed in Act! updates?
- GS-1505 - Unexpected results running Act! without internet access
- GS-1499 - APFW- Message 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object' pops up after mail merge via Email.
- GS-1494 - TS - Text entered into 'Details' on Contact Relationship tab appears as Webdings/Wingdings
- GS-1487 - LC- FR - Process list / Dropdown list needs translating.
- GS-1482 - Licensing - CF - Activation wizard is untranslated
- GS-1479 - APFW - Download button does not work in E-mail preferences
- GS-1478 - Licensing - Online Activation button loads form for Offline Activation after applying update 5_3
- GS-1240 - APFW - Error: "An error has occurred on the server and has been logged. Please contact your administrator if this problem persists. " when going to Tools>Preferences>Activities in APFW
- GS-1238 - APFW - Layouts are not saving in Chrome Browser
- GS-1237 - Custom Tables - Deleting a Custom table causes errors creating New Custom tables or running Check and repair on Database
- GS-1229 - LC - DE/FR/CF - In Help > About, the Copyright information displays the year as 2017 for Desktop and Web
- GS-1220 - LC - DE/FR/CF - The prompt advising a Username must be an email address in Offline Clients is untranslated
- GS-1213 - Beta - APFW - Unable to delete History items (Contact/Group/Company/Opportunity
- GS-107 - When synchronising Act! and Google a prompt advises Google Authorization has expired
- GS-89 - Beta - Outlook - Error "An unknown error occurred, error code: 0x80040154." when accessing Act Address book in Outlook
- GS-59 - AMA on RDB from apfw database using Web API / Act! Connect Link does not work
- GS-43 - Cannot activate if Proxy Server uses username/password authentication.
- GS-42 - AD - Added Permissions are not removed when moving user to a new group.
- GS-27 - Insights - LC - DE/FR/CF - Act! Insight Charts and view labels are untranslated
- GS-25 - APFW - IE/Chrome - Write menu options do not function as expected
- GS-16 - Outlook - Upgrading Act! to 21.x, "Record History of Received E-mails" is set the same as "Record History of Sent E-mails" in E-mail System Setup
- GS-1474 - LC - DE/CF/FR - no demo database deployed during installation
- GS-1472 - LC - "Global Toolbar Options" is in English in v21.0
- GS-1236 - Unable to create Activity from Outlook add-in when using Outlook 64 bit
- GS-1235 - LC - FR - APFW - Unable to add activity type in web (FR)
- GS-98 - APFW - LC - DE - Prompt to configure address book is untranslated
- GS-91 - BETA - LC - DE - Translation and truncation errors within the Contact Layout 1024 x 768
- GS-76 - AMA will not work on remote database setup to sync with 'Network Sync over Internet'.
- GS-66 - LC - FR/DE/CF - Activation wizard 1st screen only partially translated.
- GS-65 - LC - FR/CF - Enable Act! Emarketing is untranslated
- GS-63 - Licensing - LC - DE/FR - Trial expired notification is untranslated
- GS-62 - Licensing - DE/FR/CF Licensing Wizard is missing translations
- GS-60 - LC - EU - Dates displayed in Task List are formatted to use forward slashes not dots when using Windows DE
- GS-46 - LC - Dashboards appear in English, on German and French Locales
- GS-45 - LC - CF - NPS Survey in-product redirect is incorrect
- GS-44 - Enabling Act! Emarketing causes error 'The database cannot be accessed' when logging into Act!.
- GS-41 - CF - Untranslated strings in Outlook Synchronisation Preferences window
- GS-40 - LC - DE/CF - Last Edited filters partly untranslated within Universal Search
- GS-34 - Cannot run Act! as normal user if registered as Admin
- GS-32 - LC - DE - Licensing - Act! Getting Started Resource Center hypelink is untranslated
- GS-31 - LC - Splash screen/Eula and Help About Act! says 2017.
- GS-30 - LC - CF - Licensing - The Company field on the User Registration page has two text labels when completing an Online Activation
- GS-29 - LC - DE/FR/CF - Licensing - The "Name" text label on the User Registration page of the wizard is truncated
- GS-28 - LC - DE/FR/CF - APFW - Manage Activity Types window is untranslated
- GS-22 - LC - DE/FR/CF - Translation error in Email & Outlook Sync Preference wizard
- GS-15 - LC - DE/FR/CF - Licensing - The in-product link on the final page of the Licensing Wizard is incorrect
- GS-13 - BETA - LC - DE - The text label "Company" is incorrectly translated on the User Registration page of the Activation Wizard
- GS-11 - LC - DE/FR/CF - Enable Act Emarketing message untranslated.
- GS-9 - LC - DE - Incorrect translation on Insight Graph
- GS-1234 - Beta - Groups/Opportunities/Companies - Unable to manually add a single contact
- GS-99 - Remove the APFW startup view prompt
- GS-88 - APFW - AMA - Clicking '+' on Campaign Results tab logs user out of database
- GS-78 - TS - APFW - Work week displays incorrectly if work week start and week start are the same day.
- GS-69 - BETA - History Queue folder still being created.
- GS-1500 - 'Leave the activity on the Outlook calendar when an activity is cleared in Act!' doesn't work, the activities in outlook still can be deleted which is cleared in ACT! after synchronized.
- GS-26 - LC - FR/CF - The Operator dropdown is untranslated when creating a Lookup
- GS-19 - Beta - APFW - Remote Database Synchronization is always disabled
- GS-18 - Outlook - Quick Attach "Action List" does not pop up, on Emails from Contacts NOT in Act!
- GS-48 - SDK - GetHistories on entity lacks null sorting overload
- GS-33 - LC - DE/FR/CF - Licensing - Wizard navigation buttons are untranslated
- GS-24 - AMA online check should not ping Google.com or Act.com
- GS-23 - LC - DE/FR/CF - APFW - Update button and information alt text is untranslated within Tools > Preferences > Activites
- GS-20 - AMA - EU - Assets Lead Form Telephone Number field is set to US format
- GS-12 - APFW - Error displays on log-on page as Async is not set to true in default.aspx
- GS-1469 - BETA - Unable to create new database fields as the dropdown list is blank
- GS-1246 - AMA does not load on APFW because of failed ping to act.com