Question: How can I import an HTML template into Act! Marketing Automation? Product: Act! Product Family: Act! Marketing Automation
To create an Act! Marketing Automation template from an HTML template, you must import this into a WYSIWYG template.
- From Act! Marketing Automation click 'Templates'
- Click 'Actions' in the top right and then 'New Template'
- Complete the New Template form:
Name: Enter a specific template title
Editor: WYSIWYG (this must be selected to enable you to import HTML into the template)
Name: This typically shows the list of pre-designed templates, but using the WYSIWYG editor you will only have one option. As you are importing your own HTML template, this will be overwritten anyway.
- When the template editor loads click the 'Subject line' field at the top and enter a subject line
- Click 'Actions' in the top right and then 'Import HTML'
- Click 'Select File' and then browse to and locate the HTML template required.
- Click 'Upload'
- Click 'Actions' from the top right and click 'Save' or 'Save Copy As'. 'Save Copy As' will prompt you to provide a name for the copy of the template and then click 'Save'.
If your template contains images you will also need to upload these and add them to the template.
- Click on the space in the template where you need the image to be added.
- Click on the 'Image Manager' icon (or press CTRL + M).
- Click on 'Upload' (if your image has already been uploaded you can skip to step 6.).
- Click 'Select' and then browse to the image files you require. Select the files and click 'Open'.
- Click 'Upload'. Note: if you want to replace an existing image tick the 'Overwrite if file exists?' check box first.
- Click the image you want to insert from within the Image Manager and then click 'Insert'.
- Repeat the process for any and all images in the template.
- Once all images have been added click 'Actions' from the top right and then select 'Save'.