Activity alarm sounds can be modified from within the ACT!. Follow the steps below:
- Click the Tools menu, and then click Preferences. The Preferences dialog box appears:
- Under the Calendar & Scheduling tab, click the Scheduling Preferences button. The Scheduling Preferences dialog box appears:
- Click the Customize Alarms button. The Customize Alarms dialog box appears:
- Within the Audio notification section, you may elect for no sound to occur when your alarm time occurs by clearing the Play sound option.
- If you wish your alarms to make a sound, enable the Play sound check box.
- Enable the Play the system beep for up to 100 seconds option or...
- Enable the Play a selected .wav file up to 100 time(s) option, and then click the Browse button. Browse to your .wav file that you wish to use for this option.
- Click OK on the Customize Alarms window, click OK on the Scheduling Preferences window, and then click OK on the Preferences window to save your changes.
Accessing Database through Web Interface:
If you are accessing the database through the Web interface you can set the alarm to use the Windows System Beep. To select this option:
- While accessing the ACT! database > select the Tools menu
- Select Preferences
- Select Scheduling
- Enable the check box for Play System Beep for Alarms
- Click OK to save the change