This error may result if your Remote database was damaged at the time of creation. A remote database will be damaged when created, if one or more of the supplemental files in the Parent database is set to Read-only.
To ensure that no supplemental Parent database files are Read-only. Follow the steps below:
- Launch Windows Explorer or My Computer.
- Browse to the folder that contains the database supplemental files for the Parent database. For information on determining the location of the supplemental files for you database, refer to the Determining the location of the Supplemental Files section near the bottom of this document.
- Double-click the folder with the same name as your database, and then open the Attachments subfolder.
- Click the Edit menu, and then click Select All. All files within that folder are selected.
- Click the File menu, and then click Properties. The Properties dialog box appears.
- Ensure that the Read-only check box is clear, and then click OK.
- Repeat 4 - 5 for the contents of each subfolder. These subfolders will be named Backup, Layouts, Queries, Reports and Templates.
- Close Windows Explorer or My Computer.
- Recreate the Remote database(s).
The supplemental files for an ACT! database are included in the Attachments, Backup, Layouts, Queries, Reports and Templates subfolders to the folder named for your database.
Follow the steps below to determine the location of the supplemental files:
- Click the Help menu, and then click About ACT!. The About ACT! dialog box appears.
- Click the Database Info button. The Database Information dialog box appears.
- In the Database Settings Information section, the Supplemental File Location entry displays the location of the supplemental files for this database.
For additional information on this issue refer to the following Knowledge Base Answer:
- Title: Cannot Create Remote Subscriber Database for Synchronization
Answer ID: Cannot Create Remote Subscriber Database for Synchronization