Although the example below is based upon repositioning the fields in an envelope template, the same basic principles will apply when editing label and report templates.
To reposition fields in an envelope template, follow the steps below:
- Click the File menu, and then click Print. The Print dialog box appears.
- Click Envelopes from the Printout Type list. A list of predefined envelopes appears in the Paper Type list.
- Click the appropriate template from the list, and then click Edit Template. The Report Designer appears with this envelope template displayed and the Pointer tool enabled in the Toolbox:
You may preview your envelope any time during the editing process by, click the File menu, and then click Print Preview. The Print Preview window appears.
- To move a field (or group of fields) on this envelope template, with the Pointer tool enabled, click the field you wish to move. Sizing handles appear to surround the field. If you hold your Shift or Ctrl keys, you will be able to select multiple fields. You can also select multiple fields by clicking outside of a field and then dragging across the area containing the desired fields.
- Place your cursor over the selected field(s). Click (with your left mouse button) and drag the field(s) to the desired position.
Note: Steps 6 and 7 are optional but are recommended to preserve the original template and add your customized envelope template to the list. If you are not happy with the changes at any time during the editing process, you may return to the original template by simply closing the template and responding with No to the prompt to save your changes.
- Once the fields are in the desired position, click the File menu, and then click Save As. A Save As dialog box appears.
- Enter a unique name for this envelope, label or report, and then click Save.
For complete instructions on how to customize envelope templates in ACT!, please refer to the following linked document:
Answer ID: How to Customize Envelopes in ACT!