This error will result if the file path contains an invalid character or if the Windows registry contains invalid value data related to the My Pictures directory. Follow the steps below to examine these settings:
- Launch Windows Explorer or My Computer and navigate to the My Pictures directory. By default this is located as follows:
C:\Documents and Settings\<User_Name>\My Documents\My Pictures\
- Examine the entire folder path for compliance with naming conformity and remove any invalid characters that are found.
- Close Windows Explorer or My Computer, click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- Type regedit into the Open field, and then click OK. The Registry Editor launches.
Caution: We strongly recommend that you back up the system registry before making any changes. Incorrect changes to the registry could result in permanent data loss or corrupted files. Please make sure you modify only the keys specified. For detailed information on backing up the Windows Registry, click the link below:
Title: How to Back Up the Windows Registry
Answer ID: How to back up the Windows Registry
- Navigate to the following registry keys:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\
- Double-click the My Pictures value in the right pane. The Edit String dialog box appears:
- Examine the entire Value data: string for compliance with naming conformity and remove any invalid characters that are found.
- Exit the Registry Editor and attempt to install the update again.
Note: For more information on this type of error, please refer to the following InstallShield Web page: