You are interested in learning about Act! Teams.
Teams in Act! provide a way to group users together to help organize user administrative functions. Only users with Administrative or Manager security levels have the ability to manage team members. Ideally, each team will include at least one Manager (or Administrative) level user to help manage team membership.
Note: This feature is only available in Act! Premium.
To create a new team, follow the procedure below:
- Click the Tools menu, and then click Manage Teams. The Team Management - Select a Team dialog appears.
- In the Team Tasks section; click Create Team. The Team Management - Enter Team Information dialog appears.
- Type in a Team name, and (if desired) a Team description. Select the users from the list of Available users: and then click the add button.
Hint: If you press your Ctrl key while clicking Available users to add, you will be able to select more than one user to add to this team.
- Click Finish to complete the changes. The Team Management - Select a Team dialog reappears and now includes your Team information.
- If you need to edit a Team of users, invoke the Team Management - Select a Team dialog (step 1 above), and then click Edit Team option. The Team Management - Enter Team Information dialog appears.
- You may change the Team name, the Team description or the Team Membership from this screen, and then click Finish.
- If you wish to delete a Team, from the Team Management - Select a Team dialog; click the Delete Team option. The Confirm Team Delete dialog appears.
- Click Yes to delete the Team. (this will NOT delete the team members from your database)
- To close the Team Management - Select a Team, or the Team Management - Enter Team Information dialogs, click the button.