Tabs can be added, reordered, hidden and/or renamed in the Contact Detail, Group Detail or Company Detail views. When you add your own custom tab, you can then add fields, objects and graphics to the tab area. For more information on adding items to your layout, please see the following Knowledgebase article:
Answer ID: Designing Layouts in Act!
Follow the steps below:
- Click the Tools menu, point to Design Layouts, and then click Contact, Company or Group. The Layout Designer appears.
- If the Properties window is not displayed on the right side of the layout designer, press the F4 key or click the View menu, and then click Properties Window to invoke the Properties window:
- Click any tab label to change the first field in the Properties window to Tabs (TabControl).
- Click the ellipse button on the right side of the Edit Tabs (Collection) field within the Properties window. The Edit Tabs dialog box appears:
- Click the Add Tab button to create a custom tab. The Add Tab dialog box appears:
- Enter a name for your new tab, and then click OK. The Edit Tabs dialog box re-appears with your new tab selected at the bottom of the Show tabs in this order window.
- Click the Move Up or Move Down button to reorder selected tabs as desired.
- To hide a tab, click the tab you wish to remove from view, and then click the left arrow button. The tab name moves to the Hidden tabs window.
- To edit a tab, click the tab you wish to rename, and then click the Edit Tab button. A different Edit Tabs dialog box appears:
Note: Only custom tabs and the Contact Info, User Fields and Home Address tabs can be renamed.
- Modify the Tab name field as desired, and then click OK. The first Edit Tabs dialog box re-appears with your newly modified tab name.
- Click OK to exit the Edit Tabs dialog box.
- Close the Layout Designer and Save your changes.
Title: How to Change the Tab Order (Tab Stops) in Your Layout
Answer ID: How do I change the tab order (Tab Stops) in the layout?