This can result if you already have a installation of this product on your computer. You can remove it by finding the product in the Add or Remove Programs panel of the Windows® Control Panel. Simply locate it, click the Remove button and follow the on screen instructions.
If this product is not listed in the Add or Remove Programs panel; you may be able to work around this by manually installing the product in question. You can do this by extracting the files inside the SQLEXPR.exe file to a separate folder, and then running the appropriate MSI file. Use the following steps:
- Copy the SQLEXPR.exe file to the root of your "C" drive:
- Place your ACT! installation CD in your drive. Close the installation menu if it appears.
- Launch Windows Explorer (or open My Computer)
- Browse to the Dependencies folder, right-click the SQLEXPR.exe file, and then click Copy from the shortcut menu.
- Click the "C" drive in the left pane, click the Edit menu, and then click the Paste option.
- Create a SQL_temp folder to extract the files to:
- Click the "C" drive in the left pane.
- Right-click in an empty space of the right pane, point to New, and then click Folder from the shortcut menu.
- Name this new folder SQL_temp.
- Close Windows Explorer (or My Computer).
- Run the SQLEXPR /X command from the DOS prompt:
- Click the Windows Start button, and then click Run. The Run dialog box appears.
- Type cmd in the Open field, and then click OK. The DOS window appears. Ensure you are at the "C:\" prompt by entering the command CD\ and pressing the Enter key.
- Type sqlexpr /x at the DOS prompt and press the Enter button on your keyboard. The Choose Directory For Extracted Files dialog box appears.
- Browse to or type c:\SQL_temp (created above) in the Choose Directory For Extracted Files field, and then click OK. The Extracting Files progress indicator appears.
- Once completed the following Extraction Complete message appears.
- Click OK, and then close the DOS window.
- Launch Windows Explorer (or open My Computer).
- Browse to the following folder:
- Double-click the appropriate MSI file to install.
- msxml6.msi (MSXML6.0 Parser )
- sqlncli.msi (Microsoft SQL Server Native Client)
- sqlwriter.msi (Microsoft SQL Server VSS Writer)
- sqlsupport.msi (Microsoft SQL Server Setup Support Files)
- Once you have installed the component that could not be found, attempt the manual installation again.