How do I disable remote database synchronization in Act!?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2005 and later
It is strongly recommended that you synchronize all remote databases prior to disabling remote synchronization. If you disable remote synchronization, any remote databases which were configured to synchronize will be permanently disabled from synchronizing and all synchronization settings will be lost. If you decide that you wish to synchronize again, it will be necessary for you to reconfigure and recreate any remote databases. For more information on how to synchronize your remote database, or how to configure remote synchronization, refer to the following knowledgebase articles:
How do I synchronize my remote database?
Answer ID How do I synchronize my remote database?
How do I set up remote database synchronization in Act!?
Answer ID How do I set up remote database synchronization in Act!?
- Login to the main database
- Depending on your version of Act!, do the following:
- Versions 2013 and newer: Click Tools > Synchronize Database > Synchronization Panel…
- Versions 2012 and older: Click Tools > Synchronization Panel
- Under User Tasks, click Manage Database
- Select a remote database from the list, then click Disable/Change Sync Status. If no databases are listed skip to step 8
- Select Disabled, then click Finish
- When prompted, read the message, then click Yes to disable the remote
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all remote databases in the list have been disabled
- Click Home, then click Disable Synchronization
- When prompted, read the message, then click Yes to completely disable remote synchronization