The simplest way to save a copy of your ACT! Database is from the Save Copy As function from the File menu.
Follow the steps below to create a copy of your database:
Note: These steps cannot be performed from the Web. You must login to your Act! database using the Act! Program on the server.
- Click the File menu, then click Save Copy As. The Save Copy As dialog appears:
- Enter the name for the new database in the Database Name field. Ensure that the name does not contain any spaces or any other form of punctuation.
- Click the Browse button and click to highlight the folder where you would like to save the new database. Click OK. Alternatively, you may also type in the path of where you would like to save the database, instead of choosing from the Browse window.
- If you would like to share this database with other users, enable the Share this database with other users option.
- Enable the Create a copy of the database option.
Note - Do not click the Create an empty copy of the database button as this will not create a full copy of the database. For more information on creating an empty copy, please refer to the following Knowledge Base Answer:
Title: How to Create an Empty Copy of Your ACT! Database
Answer ID: How to Create an Empty/Blank Copy of Your ACT! Database
- If you wish to create this copy for a different Database Version: Click the desired version of ACT! from the Database Version drop-down list.
- Click OK to complete the process. A Saving progress indicator appears as the copy is created.
- When completed the following ACT! message appears.
- Click OK to return to your original database.
When you open the saved copy of your database the first time ACT! must verify the new database. Use the following steps:
- Click the File menu, then click Open Database, and then (if necessary) browse to the location you specified in step three above. Click the .PAD file for the database, and then click Open. The following ACT! dialog box appears:
- Click OK. A Working progress indicator appears, followed by an Updating progress indicator:
- When complete, the following ACT! message appears:
- Click OK to continue.
- The saved copy of your database will open.