You can attempt to resolve this issue by replacing the referenced copy of the office.dll version in the ACT! for Windows Program files directory.
Note: Before performing the steps below, please ensure you are logged into your machine as a local Administrator.
Follow these steps to remove and replace the file:
- Close ACT! and all other running applications on the machine.
- Open My Computer or Windows® Explorer and navigate to the C:\Windows\assembly directory.
- Sort the items in this folder by name and locate office.
Note: Make sure that the version matches the version that is referenced in the error message.
- Right-click on this file and select Uninstall.
- Go the bottom of this article, and depending on the version of the file reference in the error message, click on either the office(2.1.0).dll or office (7.0.333).dll file under File Attachments, and choose Save. Save to Desktop.
- Right-click and rename the file to office.dll
- Copy this file into the ACT! For Windows Program Files Directory below, or your customized installation directory:
C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows
- Click the Windows® Start button and select Run.
- Run dialog box appears. Type cmd in the Open field and click OK.
- The DOS Prompt window appears. Type cd c:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows and press Enter.
- The file directory path will display C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows. Type gacutil /i office.dll and press Enter.
- Open ACT! and attempt to write a letter.