Symptom: After adding the web service address and clicking the drop-down for a list of databases when trying to add my Act! Premium (access via web) address book to Outlook, I receive the Error: “An error was discovered processing the <Security> header”
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium (access via web), Act! Premium Cloud
Version: 2009 and later
This issue can occur when there is a difference of more than 5 minutes between the system times for the client machine and the web server (not including the time zone difference).
Web server time settings = 12:30pm Eastern Time
Client machine time settings = 11:15am Central time
Actual time = 11:15am Central time
In this example the client machine has the correct time and the web server is 15 minutes ahead, not including the time zone difference.
Note: This information is provided as a convenience. Act! does not provide support for system configuration. If you require assistance contact Microsoft or an IT Professional.
- On both the client machine and web server, right-click the clock in the lower right-hand corner of the screen, then choose Adjust date/time
- Ensure both the client machine and the web server are on the correct time zones for their locations
- Determine the correct time and compare each computer’s time to determine which one is wrong
- On the computer with the incorrect time, set the time to the correct time
- Test adding the address book