You have attempted to install Act! when you get either of the following error messages:
- "Error 2337 could not close file. Get last error."
- "Fatal Error 2337, adalwrapper.dll Could Not Be Closed"
This issue is known to occur if the media used for install is damaged. If you have already downloaded the full version of Act!, delete the files that were unzipped from the previous download. After you have deleted the existing files, unzip the files again, then attempt to install.
For Microsoft® Windows 10 operating systems, you can also attempt to resolve this issue by running the installation with the 'Run as Administrator' option, disabling User Account Control (UAC, or installing while logged into Windows® under the built-in Administrator account.
- To run as Administrator: Right click on the installation file Setup.exe and select Run As Administrator
- For instructions on how to disable UAC, please see one of the following Knowledgebase articles:
How to Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista®
Answer ID: How to disable Windows User Account Control (UAC) in Windows Vista
How to Change or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows® 7 & Windows Server® 2008
Answer ID: How to Change or Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows® 7 & Windows Server® 2008
- For instructions on how to enable the Windows Built-In Administrator account, please see the following Knowledgebase article:
Title: How To Enable the Built-In Administrator Account in Windows Vista® and Windows 10
Answer ID: How To Enable the Built-In Administrator Account in Windows 10