What is an Activity Series in Act!?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2011 and later
An Activity Series is a sequence of related activities or events scheduled at set intervals. You can use an Activity Series to automatically schedule related activities to help you prepare for, track, or complete key tasks. For example, you can create an Activity Series to track activities for closing a sale or managing a new customer.
Creating Activity Series Templates
You can create and change an activity series template by using the Activity Series Template Creation Wizard. With this Wizard, you can:
- Make the series public or private. A public activity series is available to all users who can schedule activity series
- Select the activities (calls, meetings, or to-do's) for the series
- Select a priority level and set an alarm for each activity in the series
- Select the start time for the activity series in relation to the anchor date. The anchor date is the point from which all activities in the series are scheduled. For example, the anchor date for an activity series for scheduling activities and tasks for marketing new prospects would be the date your new marketing advertisement is set to run
- Select yourself or another user as the organizer of the activity
- Make changes to and delete activities in an activity series template
For more information on creating Activity Series, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to create or edit an activity series in Act!
Scheduling an Activity Series
You can schedule an activity series with yourself or with contacts. You can schedule all the activities in the series or select individual activities. When you schedule an activity series, no activity conflict checking is performed. All activities in the series are scheduled as timeless, non-recurring, public activities.
Because activities in the series are in sequence, if you reschedule an activity, you have the option to change the dates for the other activities in the series.