To work around this issue, you will need to modify the machine.config file to remove a tag which can cause the SQL Server installation to fail.
Please use the following steps:
Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Swifptage does not provide support for Microsoft® Products. For more information on this topic, go to Microsoft.com.
- In Windows® Explorer, browse to the following path: C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config
Important Note: Make a copy of the machine.config file before editing, which will allow you to restore configuration in the event of any undesired changes.
- Open the machine.config file using Notepad and use Find to locate the <system.serviceModel> tag, which is highlighted yellow in the screenshot below:
- Delete or cut the entire <system.serviceModel> tag and all it's contents, as depicted in the screenshot above in the red border.
- Save the machine.config file.
- Attempt to install SQL Server .