"Synchronization has failed. Server Error Description: Remote database information is unavailable. Please check if the remote database was deleted. Contact your administrator for assistance.".
This issue can result if the remote database is damaged or missing in the Synchronization Panel on the machine hosting the main database. To verify this, follow the steps below:
- Open Act! on the host machine (Publisher
- Select Tools > Synchronization Panel from the main menu.
- In the Synchronization Panel, click Manage Database under the User Tasks. If the remote database having the issue is missing, then a new remote database will need to be created for the user. If the remote database is listed,
then it is most likely damaged and will need to be deleted and a new remote database created. To delete a remote database from the list, follow these steps:
- Highlight the remote database on the list and click Disable/Change Sync Status.
- Select Disabled and click Finish. Click Yes when prompted to confirm.
- Highlight the remote on the list again and click Delete Database.
- After the database is removed from the list, click Home.
- Create a new remote database for the user.
Answer ID: How do I export data from one Act! database to another
Tip: Prior to exporting, perform a lookup in the old remote to narrow down the unsynced data. Follow these steps:
- On the main menu, go to Lookup > Contact Activity.
- Select the Changed option.
- In the Since Date field, select the day before the last time that remote successfully synced.
- Make sure all boxes are checked, and All is selected under Histories and Activities. Click OK to run the lookup.
- Make sure this lookup is active when running the export and choose Current Lookup when asked which records to export. You can only choose this option if only exporting Contact records. If exporting other types of records, you have no choice but export all records.