Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Premium (access via web)
Version: 2012 and later
- If your Act! Premium database was created or used on a computer that was using Microsoft SQL Server 2014 for the SQL Server (ACT7) instance, you need to make sure that Microsoft SQL Server 2014 is installed on the machine where the Act! Pro database will be used
- If your Act! Premium database contains contacts with Limited Access settings these contacts will be private and will only be able to be accessed by the Record Manager of the contact, which can lead to the appearance that contacts are missing after conversion. If you have inactive users who are Record Managers for contacts, it is recommended that you adjust the privacy settings so that these contacts are public before downgrading your database. For more information on Contact Access, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How to set Contact Access Controls for users in Act! Premium
Answer ID How do I set Contact Access controls for users in Act!?
To downgrade your database from Act! Premium to Act! Pro:
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key + R, to bring up the Run dialog
- In the Run dialog, type actdiag then press Enter
- If prompted with a disclaimer, read, then click OK
- Click Databases and choose Database Details List (or Database List)
- Click the gray box next to your database’s name to highlight it
- Right-click your database’s name, then choose Downgrade from Premium
- When prompted to confirm, click Yes
- When the success confirmation appears, click OK
Note: Reopening the database in Act! Premium will convert the database back to the Act! Premium format and you will not be able to open it in the Act! Pro version unless you downgrade it again.