Completely removing Act! from your computer is a two process function. When Act! is installed, the Act! program files are installed as well as the Microsoft® SQL Server® software and the creation of the SQL Server ACT7 instance. The following process only removes the ACT7 instance within Microsoft SQL Server.
How to Remove the Sage ACT7 Instance:
Microsoft SQL Server provides a method to remove a specified instance without needing to remove the program. Use the following steps depending on the version of Microsoft SQL Server that is installed:
Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Sage does not provide support for Microsoft Products. For more information on this topic go to Microsoft.com.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Express and Standard Edition:
- From the Control Panel, open Programs and Features or Add or Remove Programs.
- Select Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, and then click Change/Remove. Click Remove on the dialog box that appears:
- The following window will be presented.
- Setup Support Rules will run to verify your computer configuration. To continue, click OK.
- On the Select Instance page, use the drop-down box to specify the ACT7 instance, then click Next.
- In the Select Features screen, Under ACT7, check the box next to Database Engine Services, ensure this is the only box checked, then click Next..
- Removal rules will run to verify that the operation can complete successfully. Click Next to continue.
- On the Ready to Remove page, review the list of components and features that will be uninstalled and then click Remove.
- The Removal Progress page will display the status.
- On the Complete page, click Close to exit the Installation Wizard.