Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2013 (v15.1) and later
The Social Updates tab allows you to associate Facebook and LinkedIn pages with your contacts by bookmarking them, and allows you to display their pages so that you can easily interact with their Facebook and LinkedIn profiles from within their contact record in Act!. Much like the Web Info tab, the Social Updates tab in Act! is available via the Contact Detail view and works as an internal browser running on Internet Explorer.
Note: The Social Updates tab requires internet access as well as accounts for Facebook and/or LinkedIn.
Social Updates can benefit you by allowing you to:
- Capitalize on unique social insight by viewing and interacting with your customers’ LinkedIn and Facebook profiles from within their contact record
- Leverage familiar social functionality, such as commenting on posts, endorsing skills and sending private messages to engage with your customers
- Improve your sales and marketing effectiveness by actively monitoring your customers’ posts and related sentiments so that you can deliver the right offer and message at the right time
- Grow your business and expand your network by finding mutual Facebook friends and LinkedIn Connections to request association – conveniently from within Act!
- Enrich Act! contact details by gathering missing or noteworthy customer information from social media profiles, such as updated titles, email addresses, even allowing you to create a history or note containing their personal points of interest.
Functionality of the Social Updates toolbar include:
- The ability to quickly switch between LinkedIn and Facebook web sites
- Remember a LinkedIn page and a Facebook page that will automatically display when you return to the tab at a later time
- Open the page in an external browser
- Increase/decrease the size of the tab to allow better viewing of information
- Navigate back and forward through pages
- Refresh and stop page loading
For information on using the Social Updates tab, refer to the following knowledgebase article:
How do I use the Social Updates tab in Act!?
Answer ID How do I use the Social Updates tab in Act!?