You are opening an Act! database when you get the following error:
"The database you are opening was created in a newer version of Act! than you are running. Please upgrade the version of Act! on your computer and attempt to open the database again."
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
If attempting to access a shared database, this can occur if your machine has a lower version of Act! than the computer hosting the database. If attempting to open a database that is on your local machine, this is due to having a lower version of Sage Act! than the one your database was last opened in.
- In Act!, on the server computer, click Help and select About Act!
- In Act!, on the workstations, click Help and select About Act!
- Verify the versions of Act! installed
- Update the appropriate computers to the highest version/build of Act! found installed
- In Act!, click the Help menu item, then select About Act!.
- Note the exact version number at the top of the Help screen.
- Click your Windows® Start button, either click Run or go to Search box on the start menu, and type actdiag. This will open the Act! Diagnostics tool (ACTDiag).
- In ACTDiag, click Databases, then Database List.
- Locate the database you are attempting to open on the list, then note the version number in the Version column.
- If this number is higher than the version you saw in Act!, you must update (if versions start with same number) or upgrade (if versions start with a different number) your version of Act! on your computer.
Note: There is no method for downgrading a Act! database - the version of Act! must be updated to match the database version.
You can download the latest update for your current version of Act! from the Act! Download Center.