When trying to write a letter from a custom template I am receiving the Error: "Cannot open from macro storage".
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Version: 2013 and later
OS: Windows® 7
Third Party: Microsoft® Office® 2010
This issue can be caused by security settings within Microsoft Word or the security on the selected file
Adjusting the security settings within Microsoft Word can resolve this issue.
- Close Act! and any Microsoft Office program
- Open Microsoft Word > click File > click Options
- Click Trust Center > click Trust Center Settings...
- Click Trusted Locations > click Add new location and browse to the location of your templates
- Select location > click OK
- Enable Allow Trusted Locations on my network
- Click Protected View and disable (uncheck) all boxes in that location
- Close Microsoft Word
- Launch Act! > attempt to write letter from template to test
Unblocking the security on the selected file
- Browse to the location of the file
- Right click the template and choose Properties
- Under the General tab, look for the security warning and click Unblock
- Click OK
- Test using the mail merge template again