How do I use HTTPS to secure Act! Premium (access via web)?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium (access via web)
Note: The following information is provided as a convenience. Act! does not provide support for Microsoft products. For more information on this topic, visit Microsoft.com.
- Open Computer Management
- Click Service and Applications
- Double click Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Create a self-signed SSL certificate:
- If you intend to use the Act! Premium Web API, you will need to secure your web server using a Certificate Authority generated certificate (self-signed certificates cannot be used) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
- Click the server level node
- In the window to the right double click the “Server Certificates” icon
- In the far right column under actions select “Create Self-Signed Certificate”
- Name the certificate
- Add the Certificate to your website
- Double-click the server level node to expand the menu
- Double-click Sites
- Find your website ( default is Default Web Site) click on it
- In the far right column under Actions under Edit Site click bindings
- Click add and change type to https
- Under SSL Certificate select the certificate you made earlier
You should now be able to browse to the same site with https://