When trying to send an E-mail via Outlook 2013 or later, I receive Error: "Could not retrieve IMessage: Error in MAPIObjectFromOutlookItem: IMAPISession.OpenMsgStore: MAPI_E_CALL_FAILED"
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (Access via Web)
Version: v16 and later
Third Party: Microsoft Outlook 2013 or later
This can occur due to a missing Windows Registry key, or due to a damaged Office installation.
Note: This KB article (including any software and related documentation) is provided "AS IS." Swiftpage disclaims all express or implied warranties of any kind with respect to the utility, including but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Missing Windows Registry Key
- Close Act!
- Use Windows® Explorer to browse to the following location
- For 32-bit Operating Systems: C:\Program Files\ACT\Act for Windows (or Act for Web)
- For 64-bit Operating Systems: C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows (or Act for Web)
- For 32-bit Outlook on a 64-bit Operating System, use Outlook2013_C2R_32_on_64.reg
- For all other configurations, run Outlook2013_C2R.reg
Damaged Microsoft Office Installation
Note: Swiftpage does not provide support for Microsoft products. If you require assistance with the information below, contact Microsoft or an IT professional for assistance.
If replacing the registry key does not resolve the issue, you may be able to resolve the issue by running Microsoft Office repairs by following the steps in the Microsoft article below:
Repair an Office application