How can I configure the Act! Scheduler to send me e-mail notifications upon completing tasks?
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: v16 and later
Note: E-mail alerts require an account on an SMTP e-mail server. Contact your e-mail provider to obtain information on the SMTP server name and the Port required to connect.
Configuring the Connection
- In Act!, Click Tools > Act! Scheduler
- Click Set Up E-Mail Alerts
- Enter the Outgoing SMTP server name and the port required
- If desired, click Use SSL
- If your SMTP server requires authentication, enter the Account name and Password
- Enter a Test e-mail address and click Test Connection to test the connection
- Once a successful test is completed, click Finish
Configuring the Act! Scheduler to Send Notifications
- In the Act! Scheduler, double-click the existing task for which you wish to receive notifications
- Click Next until you reach the Send Notifications screen
- Check Send e-mail notifications and enter the e-mail address you desire Note: Separate multiple email addresses with a comma
- Click Finish
Note: This will send an email if the task completes or if it receives an error.
How to Use the ACT! Scheduler to Automatically Back Up Your Sage ACT! Database
Answer ID: How to use the Act! Scheduler to automatically back up your Act! database