Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium, Act! Premium (access via web), Act! Premium Cloud
Version: v16 and later
The Company Preferences allow you to configure threshold settings for automatic company creation based on the number of contacts who have the same company name. Additionally, you can configure whether or not history is automatically recorded for when contacts are linked or unlinked or if you want to share new notes and histories on linked contacts and associate new activities and opportunities with the company record. To configure these preferences, follow the steps below:
- In Act!, click Tools > Preferences
- Depending on whether you are accessing via the Windows program or a web browser, do one of the following:
- Windows program: Click the Admin Tab, then click Company Preferences...
- Web browser: Click Startup
- Under the Company Creation section, enter the number of contacts that are required to have the same Company name before a Company is automatically created
Note: By default, this number is set to 0. If you do not wish to have Companies created automatically, leave this set to 0.
- Select your Company Linking preferences, then click OK
Note: When a company is created automatically, it will only fill in the company name in the created company. Any additional information, such as address and phone number, will have to be manually filled in.
How to create and manage Companies in Act!
Answer ID How to create and manage companies in Act!