I am attempting to run SingleUserModeError_KB31714.cmd and am receiving the Error: “Msg 5064, Level 16, State 1, Server SERVERNAME\ACT7, Line 1 Changes to the state or options of database ‘(Database Name)’ cannot be made at this time. The database is in single-user mode, and a user is currently connected to it. Msg 5069, Level 16, State 1, Server SERVERNAME\ACT7, Line 1 ALTER DATABASE statement failed”
Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Pro, Act! Premium
Third Party: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
This issue has no known cause.
- Open the Windows registry and create a backup. For information on how to create a backup of the registry, refer to the following Knowledgebase article:
- Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.ACT7\MSSQLServer
- In the right pane, right-click LoginMode and select Modify... and click OK
- Change the Value data field from 2 to 1 and click OK
- Download ResetSQL.bat at the bottom of this article
- Run ResetSQL.bat, saying yes to both prompts
- In the registry, change the LoginMode Value data field back to 2
- Run ResetSQL.bat again, saying yes to both prompts
- Attempt to run SingleUserModeError_KB31714.cmd again
How do I backup or restore registry keys in the Windows Registry Editor?
Answer ID How do I backup or restore registry keys in the Windows Registry Editor?