Product Family: Act!
Product: Act! Premium (access via web)
Version: v18.0 and later
Integration: Act! Premium Web API, Act! Connect Link
Third-Party: Microsoft Office 2013 and later, Outlook for Mac v15.31 and later
- In order to use this feature, you must have an email address that is set up through an Exchange server, or an Outlook.com email account.
- Unless you are using Act! Premium Cloud, you must first set up and configure either the Act! Premium (access via web) Web API or the Act! Connect Link for Act! Premium for Windows prior to following the steps in this article. For information refer to the corresponding knowledgebase article below:
What is the Act! Web API?
Frequently Asked Questions about Act! Connect Link
Follow the steps below depending on how you use Outlook:
Part 1: Installing the App
When logged into Exchange from an installed version of Outlook 2013 or 2016
- In Outlook, click File > Manage Add-ins
- If prompted, login to your Exchange account, otherwise proceed to step 3
- At the top of the page, click the hyperlink that reads “Find more apps for Outlook at the Office Store…”
- In the search box, type Act!, then press Enter to search
- In the search results, choose Act! Premium Contact Link
- Click Add
- When prompted to confirm, read the permissions, then click Yes to accept and proceed with the installation of the app
When Logged into Exchange in the Outlook Web App (OWA)
- In the top right, next to your name, click the cogwheel and select Manage apps
- Under installed apps, click the plus symbol and choose Add from the Office Store
- Follow steps 4 – 7 in the section above
When logged into an Outlook.com account
- From your Inbox, click the cogwheel in the top-right corner of the screen, then select Manage integrations
- Type Act! into the search box, then press Enter
- Click Act! Premium Contact Link
- Above the Description, look for a switch that reads “Off”, then click the switch to turn it on
Part 2: Connecting the App to your Act! Premium (access via web) database
- Open any message in Outlook
- Below the Message header information, click Act! Premium Contact Link
- Enter your Act! database username
- Enter your Act! database password
- Type in the Database name exactly as found in the dropdown on your database login page
Note: If you're not sure, this information is displayed in the drop-down menu on the login page for your database if using Act! Premium (access via web), or in the top-left corner of the Act! Program if using Act! Premium for Windows. You must enter this as shown.
- In the Web Server field, enter the appropriate URL, depending on how you use Act!:
- Act! Premium (access via web) or Act! Premium Cloud: Enter the URL you use to access your database, excluding any information that may fall after *.com. For example, if you access your database at https://example.com/apfw, then enter https://example.com
- Act! Premium for Windows (v18.2 and later): Logged into Act! from the server, click Act! Connect in the Navbar on the left side of the screen. Use the URL at the top of the page. This cannot be obtained from a workstation.
- Click Submit